LN Systems' capabilities in embedded systems development are not limited just to software but also encompass hardware development.
Our experience in hardware and system-on-chip (SoC) development gives us capabilities for a wide range of hardware/software debugging techniques such as the use of in-circuit emulation, protocol analysers, logic analysers and also development of SoC designs via FPGA prototyping.
The range of microprocessors encompassed by these activities includes MIPS, PowerPC, ARM, 8051, x86 and PIC.
Having worked on a wide range of application areas, we have gained detailed knowledge of many technologies and standards including USB, Bluetooth, 802.15.4, Ethernet, DVB-T, PC Card and I2C.
As part of a product development we typically provide services including:
- System design to meet agreed application requirements, including any critical aspects such as low power and/or battery operation, user interfaces etc.
- Component selection to meet electrical, mechanical and environmental requirements, as well as cost targets.
- Custom PCB design and layout, including 3D modelling.
- Prototype manufacturing runs, including kitting and PCB fabrication and assembly.
- Detailed validation and characterisation to verify prototype performance against the system requirements. The prototype hardware can then be brought together with the software development to produce a functional product demonstrator.
- Pre-testing of prototype EMC performance.